Blog and Current Events
We are unique …
At APT Specialist Hydraulics and Training we are passionate about helping businesses and individuals increase their knowledge and workplace safety. We don’t just provide training – we deliver customised packages tailored to the needs of each client that are relevant and engaging, combining industry-leading software simulation and practical hands-on exercises.
To support APT’s ongoing growth, we are seeking two motivated individuals with either a mechanical or electrical trade background who would like to build on their experience in heavy industry by delivering Nationally Recognised Fluid Power training courses. We are one of only a few RTO’s in Australia delivering this type of training so the knowledge you gain will be a niche skill set that you won’t get anywhere else!
As a Trainer and Assessor you will design, coordinate, refine and deliver quality training to clients; provide guidance and assistance to students to ensure training outcomes are met and individuals succeed. The position requires someone who is a self-starter, engaging, has great communication skills and enjoys getting out of their comfort zone.
You need to have strong skills in hydraulics but not necessarily be a qualified trainer – you just need to be passionate about sharing knowledge, keen to learn (a lot!) and seeking responsibility. As this role requires regular travel you will need to be adaptable, flexible and able to work autonomously. In return, as part of the APT family, you will be well supported and have great flexibility and ongoing development opportunities.
Some more about you…
- Trade qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical
- A strong understanding of Hydraulics and Fluid Power
- Understanding of electrical control systems
- Keen to learn
- Autonomous and seeks responsibility
- Team player
- Strong computer skills
- Cert IV Trainer and Assessor will be highly regarded
- Diploma or above Engineering Qualifications would be highly regarded
If this sounds like the role for you, watch the video (or this link https://youtu.be/w4WRCOZZ490) before submitting your application.
Why Choose Us?
• Specialist Trainers with decades of years of experience working in the industry.
• Blended Courses – Online and face to face.
• Onsite Capability – We can come to you.
• Customised Course content – We can tailor our training to your business needs.
How do we do it?
APT’s nationally recognised training courses accelerate your team’s training time, without short-cutting their knowledge, our staff combine their real-world experience with industry-leading simulation software and hands-on exercises to make APT training practical, relevant and easy to apply at your site.
Our accelerated learning outcomes mean that you will complete a year or more of TAFE work in less than one quarter of the time.
Contact us today to see how we can best suit your requirements: https://www.apthydraulics.com.au/contact/
A couple of Quick Questions with our new General Manager Andrew Carter:
1. What motivates you? “Working with good people to deliver great outcomes”
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? “Policeman”
3. What do like to do on your days off from work? “Spend quality time with my partner Karen and once in a while getting away for a nice relaxing weekend.”
4. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? “Measure twice and cut once! and treat others as you’d like them to treat you.”
5. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? “Pizza”
6. What’s your favourite sports team? “The mighty Newcastle Knights – certainly finals contenders in 2019!”
7. What’s one thing most people do not know about you? “I love basketball, when I was young I used to be able to slam dunk, these days the only thing I can dunk is a bickie into my coffee!”
Here at APT Training we strive to be the best at what we do – Hydraulics.
Our Director Kyle Probert enjoys being hands on and involved in all aspects where possible. Here he can be seen running the training for our Fluid Power Controls components of our Certificate IV in Engineering course. It’s the values and approach of our exceptionally experienced and knowledgeable trainers that make us who we are.
Hands on Training at APT
Here our current Certificate IV in Engineering students are fault finding and trouble shooting safety circuit faults on our Pneumatic simulation boards.
These boards are used to simulate the safety circuits used on mobile diesels such as man transporters & LHD’s (Load haul Dump) – drift runners, Emico and JUG-A-O used in under ground coal mines.
Click here if you would like more information on our Certificate IV in Engineering course, or any other courses we have on offer.
Look who we have here!
We are so honoured to be training this great bunch of students in our Cert IV in Engineering and our 6 Day courses who come from esteemed companies such as Westrac, K&R Hydraulics, CQ University, Lake Coal and Quarry Mining. It’s a pleasure having you all.