MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power) – Blended Delivery Mode
See Entry Pathway options below – or check your eligibility here
|Blended Delivery (online + classroom)|
|Theory Time||70 – 90 Hours (Self paced / online)|
|Practical Time||Approx 100 hours – MUST attend training centre (flexible times)|
|Project Work||30 – 50 hours|
|Work based practice||200 Hours|
Certificate IV in Engineering is the next step in the career of a Mechanical or Electrical trades person. It covers specialised skills in specific technical areas, such as maintaining fluid power systems, condition monitoring along with reporting and analysis.
UOC’s covered in this course vary depending on the student’s previous training.
APT’s Certificate IV Fluid Power includes:
- MEM12002B Perform electrical/electronic measurement
- MEM13003B Work safely with industrial chemicals and materials
- MEM16012A Interpret technical specifications and manuals
- MEM18010C Perform Equipment condition monitoring and recording
- MEM18011C Shut down and isolate machines/equipment
- MEM18019B Maintain pneumatic systems
- MEM18021B Maintain hydraulic systems
- MEM18022B Maintain fluid power controls
- MEM18030B Diagnose and rectify low voltage electrical systems
- MEM18018C Maintain Pneumatic system components
- MEM18020B Maintain Hydraulic system components
Other units may be required to satisfy the packaging rules or prerequisites. RPL or further training for these units will be at an extra cost.
How we work
APT provide flexible training and an ongoing framework to build-on or formalise your existing skills and knowledge. In our courses, the use of advanced simulation and real world practices ensure optimal outcomes.
You can be assured that it’s to the best of our ability to support any special needs/requirements you may have with your learning.
What is Blended Delivery mode? Our Blended Delivery mode Certificate IV in Engineering is predominantly online to complete the assessments (self paced) and then face to face to complete the practical components (Approx 100 hours at our office in Toronto NSW).
On the days you attend the office to do practicals the Trainer is assigned to you all day to help with anything required, questions and all.
Our team will clearly explain the assessment process to you and support you where necessary to ensure you have a full understanding of the process prior to commencing.
Some methods used to assess your competence include written questionnaires, verbal questions, third party reports, self assessment, log books or work journals, verified CV, workbook activities and certificate recognition of prior learning.
Successful participants will receive a Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power) MEM40105.
There are 3 entry pathways into the Certificate 4 Engineering
1. Direct Entry – this is for students who have attained MEM30205 Certificate 3 Engineering Mechanical or MEM30305 Certificate 3 Engineering Fabrication. Generally this will be trades who completed their apprenticeship in the last 10 years.
Must have the following units included on their transcript, these units are pre-requisite for the units selected in our Certificate 4 Course
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM18003C Use tools for precision work
- MEM18006C Repair and fit engineering components
- MEM18055B Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
Price – $300 enrolment, $7000 ($7300 total)
2. Mechanical Trades with Previous Qualifications – will need to go through an RPL process to complete the Cert 3 Level units
Price – $1500 RPL, $7000 ($8500 total)
3. Other Trades – this is for other trades. This involves RPL for the Certificate 3 level units prior to commencement in the Certificate 4 Engineering
Price – $2500 RPL, $7000 ($9500 total)