Light Vehicle / Heavy Vehicle
Upgrade to AUR31216
Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
Cost – see below pathway options
Duration: 6 Months to complete online and workplace tasks.
Face to Face = 7 days training at Toronto
Upon successful completion students will receive a Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology – AUR31216
APT is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) providing nationally recognised and highly customised hydraulic and machine specific training as well as documentation to meet all your needs.
APT engage expert trainers with industry knowledge. We also employ advanced circuit and system simulation together with practical applications to make the experience meaningful and aide your accelerated learning outcome.
Core units included:
Essentially, there are 8 Core units (12 for LV) that need some gap training. The rest will be able to be Credit Transfer or RPL from previous courses. Electives will RPL or Credit Transfer from the previous course too.
- AURETR024 Diagnose and repair compression ignition engine management systems ( LV Mech Only Online / Workplace)
- AURHTE002 Diagnose and repair heavy vehicle compression ignition engines (LV Mech Only Online / Workplace)
- AURHTF002 Diagnose and repair heavy vehicle diesel fuel injection systems (Online / Workplace)
- AURKTA005 Inspect, service and repair track type drive and support systems (Online / Workplace)
- AURKTA011 Diagnose and repair mobile plant hydraulic systems (APT’s “5 Day Hyd Course”)
- AURKTB001 Diagnose and repair mobile plant braking systems (Online / Workplace)
- AURKTD002 Diagnose and repair mobile plant steering systems (Online / Workplace)
- AURKTQ001 Diagnose and repair mobile plant final drive assemblies (Online / Workplace)
- AURKTX001 Diagnose and repair powershift transmissions (Online / Workplace)
- AURTTA006 Inspect and service hydraulic systems (LV Mech Only APT’s “5 Day Hyd Course”)
- AURTTF005 Diagnose and repair engine forced-induction systems LV Mech Only (Online / Workplace)
- AURTTX006 Diagnose and repair hydrostatic transmissions (APT’s “1 Day Closed Loop Course”)
How we work.
APT provide flexible training and an ongoing framework to build-on or formalise your existing skills and knowledge. In our courses, the use of advanced simulation and real world practices ensure optimal outcomes.
APT deliver training in a friendly, relaxed and comfortable learning and assessment environment. You can be assured that it’s to the best of our ability to support any special needs/requirements you may have with your learning.
Training and assessment is completed online and some components at the APT Training Centre at Toronto NSW.
The Units of Competency in this course are Nationally Recognised, so there a number of assessment tasks that you will be required to complete in order to meet the required criteria/standard.
Your trainer and assessor will clearly explain the assessment process to you and support you where necessary to ensure you have a full understanding of the process prior to commencing.
Some methods used to assess your competence include written questionnaires, verbal questions, third party reports, self assessment, log books or work journals, verified CV, workbook activities and certificate recognition of prior learning.
Successful participants will receive a Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology – AUR31216
Participants must have completed Either:
A) AUR31116 – Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology” or “AUR30616 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical
B) AUR30405 – Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical Technology OR
AUR31112 – Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle
2 Pathways to entry:
1. Students who hold current qualification – “AUR31116 – Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology” or “AUR30616 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical
Technology” – Price $4125.00
2. Students who hold a previous qualification – eg: AUR30405 or AUR31112 –
Price $4,675 (additional for RPL of non equivalent units)