Nationally Recognised Mobile Hydraulics Course
Cost $1375.00 ex gst
Duration – 3 x 8 hour days
Maximum of 6 students
Upon completion students will receive a Statement of Attainment for
MEM18052 – Maintain Fluid Power Systems for Mobile Plant
This course is the entry level Nationally Recognised unit of competency for trades who are required to only service basic hydraulic equipment in agriculture, earthmoving or transport industries.
Students learn about servicing hydraulic systems, oil changing, hose replacement and basic component repair. Cylinder repairs are a mandatory component of this course.
This course is not recommended for students who wish to gain further qualifications in the fluid power stream as this unit is not a part of the MEM40119 – Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power) course.
- Hydraulic Safety & Awareness
- Fluid Power Principles
- Hydraulic Fluids, Flow, Pressure, Force
- Reservoirs, Filters, Pumps;
- FCV’s, Actuators/Motors
- Hydraulic Cylinders – Common faults, Test procedure, Construction,
- Safety Accumulators – Awareness, types, construction, charging, isolation and dissipation
- Pressure Compensation/Load Sense
- Valve Banks – Open/closed, Pilot Controls, LS controls, Flow Adjusters & Port Reliefs
- Fault Finding and Hydraulic testing
How we work
APT provide flexible training and an ongoing framework to build-on or formalise your existing skills and knowledge. In our courses, the use of advanced simulation and real world practices ensure optimal outcomes.
APT deliver training in a friendly, relaxed and comfortable learning and assessment environment. You can be assured that it’s to the best of our ability to support any special needs/requirements you may have with your learning.
Training and assessment is usually completed at the APT Training Centre at Toronto NSW, however the course can be delivered at your own workplace if a full class is enrolled.
In such circumstances we bring the complete service to you including training simulations and fluid power equipment.
Your trainer and assessor will clearly explain the assessment process to you and support you where necessary to ensure you have a full understanding of the process prior to commencing.
Some methods used to assess your competence include written questionnaires, verbal questions, third party reports, self assessment, log books or work journals, verified CV, workbook activities and certificate recognition of prior learning.
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for MEM18052 – Maintain Fluid Power Systems for Mobile Plant.
Prerequisites for the course are the following:
- MEM09002 Interpret Technical Drawings
- MEM12023 Perform Engineering Measurement
- MEM18001 Use Hand Tools
- MEM18002 Use Power Tools/Hand held operation
- MEM18055 Dismantle, Replace and assemble engineering components