Restricted Electrical License
Cost $1250.00 ex gst
Duration 24.5 hours = 3 Days Delivered at Toronto or onsite
or 8 hours if APT’s Electrics for Hydraulic Technicians course has been completed
Minimum of 4 and Maximum of 10 Students per group
Upon successful completion students will receive a Statement of Attainment
This qualified supervisor certificate will be required if you need to perform the disconnection or reconnection of fixed electrical equipment which is necessary to perform your primary job function.
The purpose of restricted electrical licensing is to provide a means of allowing appropriately trained and competent workers to undertake the straight forward disconnection/reconnection of electrical equipment where that electrical work is incidental to the person’s principal function in the workplace.
- Electrical Safety, Electrical Basics, Electrical Schematics
- Electrical Test Equipment
- Fault Finding
- Wiring Standards
- Testing Installations
How we work
APT provide flexible training and an ongoing framework to build-on or formalise your existing skills and knowledge. In our courses, the use of advanced simulation and real world practices ensure optimal outcomes.
APT deliver training in a friendly, relaxed and comfortable learning and assessment environment. You can be assured that it’s to the best of our ability to support any special needs/requirements you may have with your learning.
Training and assessment is usually completed at the APT Training Centre at Toronto NSW, however the course can be delivered at your own workplace if a full class is enrolled.
In such circumstances we bring the complete service to you including training simulations and fluid power equipment.
Your trainer and assessor will clearly explain the assessment process to you and support you where necessary to ensure you have a full understanding of the process prior to commencing.
Some methods used to assess your competence include written questionnaires, verbal questions, third party reports, self assessment, log books or work journals, verified CV, workbook activities and certificate recognition of prior learning.
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in
UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
UEENEEP015A Disconnect – reconnect motors connected to low voltage installation wiring
Participants need to be a Qualified Trades person and or hold SOA in the following units.
An Australian Recognised Trade Certificate:
- Armature Winding
- Radio Tradesperson
- Office Machine Mechanic
- Engineering Tradesperson Mechanical
- Engineering Tradesperson Electronic
- Scientific Instrument Making
- Mechanical Services Plumber
- Fitting and/or Turning
- Plumbing and/or Gas Fitting
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
A Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency
- MEM16007A – Work with others in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- MEM13014A – Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment
- MEM15024A – Apply quality procedures
- MEM14004A – Plan to undertake a routine task
- MEM15002A – Apply quality systems
- MEM16006A – Organise and communicate information
- MEM17003A – Assist in the provision of on the job training
- MEM12023A – Perform engineering measurements
- MEM14005A – Plan a complete activity
- MEM12024A – Perform computations
- MEM16008A – Interact with computing technology
- MEM16009A – Research and analyse engineering information
- MEM30012A – Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related situations
- MEM12025A – Use graphical techniques and perform simple statistical computations
- MEM16012A – Interpret specifications and manuals
- MEM16011B – Communicate with individuals and small groups
- MEM16014A – Report technical Information
- MEM18001C – Use hand tools
- MEM18002B – Use power tools / hand held operations
Students who complete APT’s Fluid Power Controls Course – will only need to attend Day 3. Price $300 ex gst